Thursday, May 14, 2009

Much To Be Thankful For



For my COMM 111 class (writing for communication careers) I have to write what is called a "personality profile." Basically, it's an article about someone. We all have "stories," so to speak.

I chose to write mine on Kristen Linford. Kristen is from DeKalb,IL - an area where I served my mission. She now lives in Rexburg.

Three weeks after she got married last October she found out she had cancer. Can you even imagine that? Her story is so amazing. As of two weeks ago, she is now cancer free. She just started school again, after completing chemo and radiation. She and her husband of course have tons of bills. But, she has an amazing attitude. She even said that she's grateful she had cancer. She's seen many blessings come of it.

Talking to her made me so grateful for my many blessings. Sometimes we think we've got it bad, but there's always someone who has it much worse.

1 comment:

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

just came up on your blog.. good to see you are doing well!!