Sunday, January 20, 2013

My Arizona Bucket List

It is starting to warm up again here and it is gorgeous! After church today I drove by the Phoenix temple again and then drove home with my windows down. It was beautiful.

By the way, I can definitely see how this area needs TWO more temples (Gilbert and Phoenix). I went to the Mesa Temple yesterday with my ward and it was PACKED! We could barely find a parking spot. We did a session and we were in the temple for about 3 1/2 hours. When we were leaving, there wasn't room in the chapel for people waiting to do a session. People were lined up out in the hall. I guess that is a very awesome problem to have.

So, I have this "bucket list" of things that has been floating around in my head. I thought I'd write it down. Here are some things I want to do while I'm in Arizona, however long that is:

*Visit Sedona, Snowflake, Tucson
*Attend the Easter Pageant at the Mesa Temple grounds
*Visit the Grand Canyon
*Take a picture by a cactus (Dumb, I know. But I want to do it!)
*Help bring someone into the Church
*Explore downtown Phoenix
*Visit the Deseret Botanical Gardens
*Fry an egg on the sidewalk when it's 115 degrees outside. (Ha ha. Totally kidding. Although, on second thought, that may actually be kind of fun!)
*Make some friends here ASAP so I don't have to do all of this by myself!

I guess that's actually about it. It seemed a lot longer in my head. But, yeah... it is always exciting to be in a new place- new things to see and explore.

Life is great right now. Things have been really good. There was a little sketchy incident where the police were looking for someone at my apartment complex the other day (and I mean seriously looking. There were several cop cars and a helicopter overhead). So, that didn't make me feel very good about living where I do. But, other than that, it's been fine.

I can honestly say I am happier than I've been in a long time. I have been SO blessed. I've been led and guided to where the Lord wants me at this time. I look forward to seeing what's in store for me!

No comments: