I've had an eventful past couple of weeks!
The other night while cooking dinner the following occurred- I put a cookie in the microwave to defrost, but unfortunately kept it in too long. It burned and sent smoke into the air. Meanwhile, I had some rice cooking on the stove. I failed to put enough water in the rice, so that was interesting. Also, I forgot that I had left another burner on. Too bad I leaned over and burnt a hole in my shirt! Thankfully it was just a T-shirt that I've had for a couple of years.
Ok, then there's my laptop. It's had issues. About a month and a half ago the power cord went out. So, I got a new one. Then I discovered my computer had a virus. I was able to get that fixed. Also, for a while one of the mouse buttons has been broken. Well, last night it gave out completely. It's wedged into the computer now. While I was looking at that problem, my computer completely turned off. It won't come back on. The power cord isn't the issue, either. This thing is only a year old! C'mon!
So, today I looked up Gateway support. Well, they only had two options listed: chat with a representative or e-mail them. So, I chatted online with one. He basically left me high and dry and said, "If the problem persists, call us back." Well, I was thinking, "We didn't fix the problem! Gee!" I was able to get the actual phone number for them and call them back. It was, of course, a lady from the Phillipines. No offense to them, but it was just very difficult to understand her. I guess they have customer support based from there, as it is cheaper labor. Well, it turns out that I paid a pretty penny to ship it and have it fixed. Sad, sad day. Hopefully it gets back to me fixed and like new.
Oh, boy. oh boy! Just a little venting there. I say God must love me, because he sure keeps sending hardships my way. But, I realize there are so many out there who have it worse than I do. For instance, my roommate had a bunch of items stolen while she was down in Utah this past weekend. Her laptop, wallet, textbooks, etc. Her father just passed away a couple of months ago too. It must have been a high crime weekend, because the photo editor of the school paper also had his laptop and camera equipment stolen while he was in Utah for the weekend.
So, I am very lucky to have the trials that I do have. These "learning and growing" experiences are for our good. Deep down inside I know that- even though they are hard at the time. I am learning more and more that life isn't just going to get easier. In fact, it gets harder and harder! I, like many others, have lots of questions for God when I see him. We, in our finite, mortal states don't understand so much. And we try so hard and wish we understood everything- why things happen to us. But, we must follow what D&C 90:24 states: "Search diligently, pray always, and be believing, and all things shall work together for your good, if ye walk uprightly and remember the covenant wherewith ye have covenanted one with another."
God truly does love us- that is why He gives us these experiences that will shape us into who He wants us to be.
Butterscotch Chip Pudding Cookies
13 years ago
3 comments:
why did you have a cookie in the microwave? Are they better that way?
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all thy might and lean not on thine own understanding!
Satan knows you are a spiritual force to be reckoned with thats why he is hurling you curve balls!
Thanks Lisa. Julia, I made a bunch of cookies and froze them. That way I can pull them out one at a time when I want them and defrost them in the microwave.
Post a Comment