Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thankful Thoughts

In the mist of my extreme busyness this week (in trying to get everything done before I head home for the break), I thought I'd share some thankful thoughts I've had on my mind.

*Receiving a phonecall out of the blue from a recent convert of mine from the mission. As we talked she mentioned the fact that she was going visiting teaching the next day. Knowing that my recent converts are active or atleast still connected to the church makes me happy. I love hearing from them!

*Connections. I have recently made several connections- so and so knows someone else I know, etc. (If that makes sense). Heavenly Father never ceases to amaze me. On this campus of thousands of students, and in this church full of 13 million + members, I keep running into people and meeting people who know other people I know. It is a small and simple thing that witnesses to me that God is in our lives.

*Tonight are clean checks at our apartment complex. That means my apartment will be clean for atleast one day....!

*I worked really hard last week and completed six photo assignments for the Scroll and other campus organizations. I actually had a really hard time with the fact that I was getting all of these assignments and I had so much on my plate already. But, the Scroll came out today and it was satisfying to see my work in there. Also, I won an award (a candy bar) in my class today for my hard work.

*Finally, we here at BYU-Idaho get a whole week off for Thanksgiving. BYU-Provo doesn't even get that! I am heading back to Utah this Friday evening. It should be a fun, relaxing time with family.

1 comment:

Lois said...

That's awesome about one of your coverts!! It's always a good thing to write down things we are grateful for - I need to do the same. Enjoy your break - you deserve it!!