I started my new job as a Digital Marketing Representative with Best Western International last Monday. So far, it has been absolutely amazing. I feel so blessed. I feel like I am being treated like royalty compared to my last job.
There are six others going through training right now as well. We all have the same job. The department we are in is expanding quite a bit! We have six weeks of training. Last week we were fed breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snacks. This week we are being fed breakfast and afternoon snacks. Pretty awesome. Pretty sure I've gained like twenty pounds.
My position involves running and analyzing several reports detailing various hotels' performance with SEO, social media, etc. I then compile the data and create one report to present to the hotel management each quarter (via a computer meeting). If you are familiar with google analytics, it is basically like that. We are just pulling the data from several sites. I will have roughly 125 hotels. That means 125 reports every quarter. I should be very busy! The idea is to improve each hotel's online presence, resulting in increased revenue.
So far, my co-workers are great. Most of them are young professionals as well. I don't agree with the lifestyles a lot of them are living, but I think they are great people. I'm pretty sure I'm the only LDS member in the group. But, we all seem to get a long pretty well.
Life is SO much better when you work in a good environment- for a good company, with good co-workers and good benefits. Best Western treats their employees well. I am also enjoying not having a commute. It takes me about two minutes to get to work. I am saving gas money and I have an extra five hours a week (with my previous job I was spending five hours a week driving to and from work). I am loving it!
No comments:
Post a Comment