I wasn't originally going to go home this past weekend, but Mom really wanted me to. She used a number of tactics, which eventually got me convinced. (Not that I don't like going home, it's just I have a lot going on, and I will be there for seven weeks starting at the end of July).
So, I rode down with a girl from BYU-I who seems to take weekly trips to Utah for business- to get money from passengers. That bugs me for some reason. Anyway, on our way down we saw a pretty bad accident. When I say we saw it, I mean that. We saw it happen. There was a sudden construction zone and a truck quickly slammed on his brakes. Well, consequently the cars behind him did too, and everyone slammed into eachother. There was smoke and lots of damage to the cars. One car got pushed into a ditch on the side of the road from the impact. Another car swerved into the ditch to avoid being hit. What amazed me was the car that swerved into the ditch got back out and just drove away. They didn't even stay on the scene. Even though they had no damage, they should have stayed. Man, life can change so quickly! Literally, it was all a matter of seconds.
Well, I made it to Lehi safely on Friday night. Dad picked me up and we had dinner at "El Pollo Loco." It was soooo good!
After dinner we made a stop at D.I. We both love the place. I found some new treasures- a couple of "new" shirts and two "new" CDs.
Then we went to our other regular spot- Walmart. I got some needed items there. I went through the "20 items or less" lane, and pulled out my debit card. As I was there, the cashier said, (in a very serious voice)"I'm sorry, this is a cash only line." He was, of course, totally joking! For a moment though, I believed him! That was too funny. Reminds me of "You've Got Mail."
We then headed home. Mom was home from work. I had some icecream (mmm) and just relaxed.
Saturday I slept in pretty late. I love my bed at home. It is soooo soft! Later that afternoon we picked up Grandma Chadwick and we headed to the Hale Center Theater in West Valley City. We saw the play "Hello, Dolly!" I had never seen it before, nor did I have any clue what it was about. But, it was so good! I really liked it.
Then, we went to dinner at Olive Garden. That was delicious.
We then dropped Grandma off at her house and went to Wal-mart where we did some grocery shopping. We then came home and we were all exhausted!
Sunday I went to Mom and Dad's ward. There are a million kids in their ward, and it was noisy. But, it was still good.
We had dinner with Chad, Buffy, and Grandma Chadwick that night. To top off a perfectly good weekend, I happened to break the new sink faucet in the kitchen. Yikes! Of course that would happen to me.
My ride didn't leave Lehi until 9:00 p.m., which was frustrating to me. It turned out to be a REALLY late night. We had to pick up another girl in SLC. We ended up having to wait for the girl. Well, we didn't get into Rexburg until 2:00 a.m.! Quite annoying! Anyone who knows me, knows I LOVE my sleep!
After I got home I had to catch up on some homework. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep last night! But, the sacrifice was worth it. I was able to spend quality time with family- including being with my Dad on Fathers' Day. I really needed a relaxing weekend!
P.S. I would have loved to see/spend time with other friends and family members while I was down there, but I just did not have time! I look forward to a fun 7 week break when I can see y'all! :)
Butterscotch Chip Pudding Cookies
13 years ago
3 comments:
lol it's ok carrie you don't have to add that last part we all know it's crazy when you are only home for a few days from collage! Glad you got to have fun and I hope you get more sleep tonight!
My little sister and nephew are living in Lehi with my Aunt and Uncle. I am sure there are a million wards though:) Glad you got to go home. Sounds like you are getting too "OLD" to be out so late:) (totally kidding:)
I'm glad you are safe - that accident sounded crazy! I saw an accident happen once and I was on edge for a couple of hours afterward. Sounds like overall you had a great weekend though!! Hope all is well!
Post a Comment