Monday, August 17, 2009

The Standard of Truth


"The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done."

Yesterday in church I had the J.S. Manual lesson "The Wentworth Letter" for the third time. Yes, that's right, the THIRD time. I had it in my BYU-I ward before I left, then last week I visited another ward and had it there, and then I had it in my ward here. By now, I'm thinkin' "Ok, what does the Lord want me to learn from this?!?!" I'm still not quite sure, but I love the quote from it known as "The Standard of Truth". We memorized this as missionaries.

Truly, the second coming is getting closer. Persecution is getting stronger. But, the gospel is true and will not fail. I hope we will all seek out opportunities to share the wonderful message and gift of the gospel which we have.

2 comments:

Lois said...

That's so ironic because a lady from my ward called and just asked me to teach that lesson. Want to come hear it again? j/k! :)

Carrie said...

Ha ha, well I'm visiting another ward soon, so we'll see if I get the same thing then! Good luck with it... I've now seen many different approaches to it!