Well, I made it back to the 'burg. I came in on Monday. I was very thankful for a good friend of mine who picked me up at the bus stop with my luggage so I wouldn't have to walk uphill with it all. We also went grocery shopping at WinCo in Idaho Falls. WinCo is a great place! It has really good prices on food. It's comparable to Food 4 Less.
Monday night I was hanging out at my friend Breanna's place and she asked me to give the F.H.E. lesson for her ward. So I did that. Then I went to a birthday party for her roommate.
School started on Thursday. My classes this semester seem a lot better than the summer semester. I think I may actually be able to have a life! I know it will pick up, but it still looks pretty good.
In case you were wondering, my classes are the following: Advanced Technical Writing, The Theory of Language (English Grammar), Old Testament, Media Law and Ethics, and a practicum class, i-comm. For my practicum class I am going to be a photographer for The Scroll, the campus newspaper. I am really excited about that. I get to use the school's digital S.L.R.s. I really want one of my own, but can't afford it.
Also, I am going to be volunteering as an usher for the devotionals every Tuesday afternoon.
In other news, my ward is full of the freshmen dorms. That's definitely interesting. God never ceases to give me "growing experiences."
My roommate situation is also interesting. I can't really go into details here, but if you want more info, let me know, I'd be glad to tell you my stories. However... one of my roommates is getting married in April and asked me to be one of her bridesmaids! I am really excited and touched by this. It means a lot to me. I served with her in the R.S. presidency last semester.
And finally, in other news, Christi and Mom are coming up here to Rexburg on Tuesday!
That was quite the random post, but that's the 411 on me at the moment. Slowly, but surely, I am working towards graduation!
Butterscotch Chip Pudding Cookies
13 years ago
2 comments:
Is this your last semester, Carrie?
That's SO cool that you are going to be a photographer for the Scroll. What a fun practicum!! You'll do awesome!
Post a Comment