Friday, September 18, 2009

Scroll Photographer!




Ok, so, when I’m excited about something, it’s usually no secret. So, many of you already know that I am a photographer for BYU-Idaho’s "Scroll", the campus newspaper.

Last week the editor sent out an e-mail calling for “summer photos.” I went through my files and found some that would fit under that category. I e-mailed them. They were not even in the right format (RAW file), so I figured nothing would come of it. I just thought it’d be worth a shot (ha ha, no pun intended). Well, I opened up the newspaper on Tuesday to see THREE of my photos on a photo spread in the paper! I was so excited!!! It meant a lot to me. I tend to doubt myself and my abilities. This to me was a confirmation that, yes, just maybe, I am a good photographer and not a complete failure. It’s hard when there are so many people out there who are photographers too. So, I don’t want to come across as being boastful or prideful in this. It’s just a big accomplishment for me. (The pictures on top are the ones that made it into the spread.)

This week I was assigned to take pictures for an article about the swine flu epidemic. Yippee. I discovered I don't like taking pictures for random assignments. I'm used to taking pictures of whatever I want! But, this is good. It will stretch me. Who knows what next week's assignment will be. We'll see!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey good for you! I particularly like the second two pictures.

Lois said...

YES! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures! I've always known that you were (and are) an awesome photographer! I bet it's so cool to see your pictures in print!