I went down to Utah for the holiday. It was a nice, relaxing break. It really felt odd for a few reasons though. One, the 4th was on a Sunday, so the celebrations were spread out over the course of a couple of days. Two, there weren't very many members of our family around. Holidays are definitely more fun when there are a bunch of people to celebrate with. Nevertheless, Dad helped us celebrate in style. He was very patriotic this year! First things first, he hung an American flag in my room. He also hung a flag outside, along with a patriotic banner across the garage door and ribbons outside the house. Saturday night he blasted Patriotic songs from the bedroom window so the neighbors could listen as they did fireworks. On Sunday he clipped an American flag to the car door.
The only downside of the weekend was that I fell and hurt my foot. Right as Dad came to pick me up (I got a ride from the ride board), I stepped off the curb and, well, biffed it. My water bottle in my backpack shattered. I was worried about my computer getting all wet. I was also worried about my camera in my duffle bag. Everything was fine. Everything except my foot, that is. I started walking and it hurt a bit. I woke up the next morning and it was pretty swollen and sore. By Sunday it was fine, though. I was so glad.
We had a nice dinner on Sunday, thanks to Mom. After that we just hung out and watched "A capital 4th" on TV. Mom and Dad's neighbors blasted their Hispanic music, which was kind of funny (perhaps even a bit disrespectful to do that on Independence Day).
We visited Grandma on Monday. For the first time in my life of 24 years, I saw her with gray hair! She has dyed her hair for years and years, but has now decided to stop. After we visited her I headed back to Rexburg so I can finish the last two weeks of the semester.
Butterscotch Chip Pudding Cookies
13 years ago
1 comment:
It was weird just seeing your parents, Chad, and Buffy in the pictures! The food looked awesome though and of course - the pictures were amazing!!!
Post a Comment