The other day I picked up a can of "Scrubbing Bubbles" (well, the generic form) and a flood of memories of past Summers came back to me. I spent some of Summers 2004, 2005, and 2006 cleaning for the apartment complex I used to live in in Provo. I worked closely with a man named Paul. He introduced me to "Scrubbing Bubbles" and "The Magic Eraser"(both great cleaning products).
That time I spent cleaning-sometimes really nasty apartments and houses- helped me so much. It helped me learn how to work hard. That hard work helped me prepare to work hard on my mission as well.
I worked hard cleaning those houses and apartments partly because I knew Paul expected the best from me. I will never forget him coming around for our apartment clean checks. He'd look at the kitchen cupboards at a certain angle to make sure there were no fingerprints or smudges. He expected spotlessness.
Funny that I was thinking of these times I spent cleaning just so recently and tonight I received a message from a friend telling me that Paul passed away last week. I guess it was his time to go. I know he's in a better place and I'm sure he's working hard on the other side. I'm grateful I was able to work with him for a short time in this life.
Butterscotch Chip Pudding Cookies
13 years ago
4 comments:
That's too bad. I didn't think Paul was that old.
Yeah, I don't think he was. I was told he had some health problems.
I'm sorry to hear about your friend. :( It's never easy to loose someone who has touched your life. The good news is ( i've been thinking about this a lot with Colette lately) you can still work with you, you just have to do your work at the Temple :) But I bed he would love to have you do the work for those he is teaching in the Spirit World
That is sad about Paul!
I will never forget how he hated those fingerprints on cabinets though. :)
Post a Comment