Sunday, September 19, 2010

Busy, busy, BUSY!

Wow. This week has been BUSY! I guess that's just how the semester will go. I like being busy, but not to the extent that I lose sleep. I woke up Friday with my eyes bloodshot and burning. I don't know that I've ever been that exhausted in my life. Ok, maybe close to that on my mission, but at least on the mission I usually got 8 hours of sleep. This last week I've averaged 6 or so hours of sleep at night. If you know me, I love my sleep. I need my sleep. No bueno. I just don't know how I can get everything done and still have time to sleep and socialize. I'm taking 15 credits, but it's really like I'm taking 17 or 18. My 1 credit practicum is 3 hours in class every week and 3 hours of work outside of class. Ridiculous.

I'm also working on applying for an internship. This has been time consuming and a bit stressful. I want to make sure my resume and cover letter are perfect. (P.S. Yes, I did do a post about this a few days ago, but I decided to delete it in case I don't get the "dream internship.")

My life got a little bit busier this morning when I went in for an appointment with a member of the bishopric. I was called as the Relief Society Secretary. I'm excited for this new calling. I was told that this is the calling the Lord would have me have at this time.

We got out of church at 4:30 today. We had a stake fireside at 6:00. There were many things said which I really loved. The stake president said he felt prompted to say that "The Lord has prepared the way for you to be here (BYU-I) at this time, in this place and at this season." I know that's true, but sometimes I forget it. It was nice to be reminded of it. As we know, sometimes I wonder why I didn't graduate from college years ago. But, the Lord had a plan for me to go here at this time and he prepared me and my life for that to occur.

Another thing I really liked that the stake president said was something to the effect: "What matters most is what you desire. If you come to me (meaning Christ) and tell me what you really desire I will make-up what you lack." I love that.

Anyway, that's my life as of late. In the words of Dory, I "just keep swimming, just keep swimming." :)

No comments: