Mother nature has been fairly nice to those of us in Rexburg... until now. I have now officially experienced winter here. I can deal with the mounds of snow, but when it's downright bitter cold, that's when it gets really rough. When I walked to class this morning it was -21 degrees, -34 with the windchill. BRRRR! (Of course, I had to wear a skirt today because I was giving a presentation in one of my classes.)When it's that cold, it really hurts to breathe!!! Nearby public schools were closed because it was so cold. I hear they never cancel classes at BYU-I, unfortunately.
I dried my hair before leaving for class, but within a minute or two of being outside it turned white, I guess due to the moisture still in it. My eyelashes froze as well.
It got pretty cold in Chicagoland, even in the negatives, but I don't think it ever got quite this cold while I was there. Speaking of Chicagoland... they are having the worst blizzard they've had since 1967. Hope everyone there is surviving ok.
I'm so glad this is my first and last winter in Rexburg! I am definitely a warm-climate kind of girl! Why people decide to settle down here is beyond me. (Even yesterday one of my teachers came in and said, "Today is one of those days when I wonder why I live in Rexburg." Ha ha)
P.S. Today was groundhog's day, wasn't it? Somehow I don't think spring is coming anytime soon...
1 comment:
Brrr!!! Reminds me of the cold MN winters growing up! Don't freeze!
Post a Comment