Monday, March 14, 2011

40 degrees has never felt so warm

Well folks... it's starting to warm up! And by "warm up" I mean 40 degrees! Heat wave! We've got people having a bonfire at the fire pit at our apartment complex, others are playing football at the stadium. Side note- I walk by the stadium everyday on my way to class. Late last week I noticed I could actually see part of the track! For months now the track has been completely covered with snow. As of today, the whole track is visible and mostly snow-free. There is still a bit of snow on the ground, but not nearly as much as there was just a few weeks ago. The sidewalks aren't icy anymore, which is nice. No longer do I need to walk with fear for my life!

It's kind of funny, the dedication of the BYU-I Center was three months ago. There were sidewalk signs in the grass on campus advertising the event. Apparently snow just accumulated over the signs over the past three months because now that the snow has melted there are a bunch of them lying on the grass everywhere around campus. (I've come to learn that the snow doesn't melt in the winter here. Down in Utah it comes and melts and comes back and melts and so forth. Not the case here.)

Also, the other day I saw some flowers peaking up out of the ground! It's exciting to think that spring may actually be around the corner (although, I'm sure we've still got snow coming at some point...). I love spring!

1 comment:

Traci M said...

Things are the same here. Snow stays for a while. Usually 30 degrees is warm. But today it's supposed to get up to 46 degrees and I am so excited! I think we'll have to go to the zoo to celebrate!