Friday, May 13, 2011

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood!


It's 75 degrees and sunny here. I'm so happy right now. It's amazing what warmth and sunshine can do for the soul.

Today has been a great day. I've been working on my homework for my Digital Imaging class and have really enjoyed it. This week's assignment is panoramics. I'm amazed at what photoshop can do. You give it three or more photos and it will merge them together for you. I'll have to post my pano (that's what the pros call them) soon.

I was walking to the library today and I guess I sort of had a realization- oh my, I am really graduating in SIXTY-NINE days! What in the world?! It's hard to explain, but you know how sometimes you know something, but then, all of the sudden it hits you. Bam! Yeah, I had one of those experiences. It really hit me that I'm going to be done in Rexburg, I need to find an internship for fall, and I really need to get going on my Senior project. But, folks, this chica is really, seriously, going to get her Bachelors of Science degree in Communication, with an emphasis in Public Relations and clusters in Advanced Writing and Child Development. Yeah, that's a mouthful. But, it's happening! It's really going to happen!

I don't know what life has in store for me in the next few months, or even in the next year, but thankfully Heavenly Father does and He's
going to help me along.

Oh, by the way, I'm going to design my own graduation announcements pretty soon. I'm excited about that. :)

Side note- after I had that realization today, I got in the library, and checked my e-mail only to find a "graduation denied" e-mail. I tell ya, that's the quickest way to give a girl a heart attack! I headed right over to the advising office to see what was up. Apparently, the advising office reviewed my application and thought I was missing a class. So, we're still good to go- to walk- in July. Whew!

No comments: