Friday, September 9, 2011

Remembering 9/11/2001



A very moving video about a man who was affected by the attacks of 9/11.

Like many Americans, my thoughts have turned to remembering that tragic day ten years ago. I was 15 years old at the time. My family had just moved to Utah from California two weeks before. I had just started my sophomore year of high school at a new high school (new to me). I remember getting ready for the day that morning. I remember what I was wearing even. Before heading to school my dad mentioned that something had gone on at the World Trade Center. I didn't even know what the World Trade Center was at the time.

I headed to school. I remember sitting in my U.S. History class watching the news and video footage. Little did I know I was watching U.S. History in the making right there. It was then that I realized that this was something more serious than I had orginally thought it was.

This morning I watched at TV show where children of 9/11 were interviewed. One girl was born a few weeks after the attacks. She never knew her father. How tragic and sad. It made my heart break.

It's so sad that there is so much evil in this world. It's sad that this tragic event happened, took so many lives, and hurt so many families.

I'll never forget 9/11/2001.

No comments: