As I was getting on the train after work tonight I got a call from my brother, Chad. He suggested that we go car shopping. Now, I have known for quite some time now that I've needed a car...really bad (a lot of people are quite impressed that I've managed to live without one this long). I've been saving up for one as well. It is a big decision. I had kind of planned on just buying a car in the $1,000 range, so I could have something to get me from point A to point B and not have car payments. Well, Chad convinced me of the benefits of buying a newer car. So, I agreed to look and he and Buffy picked me up from the bus stop and off we went. It was all so surreal. We looked at two places. I test drove a Ford Focus at the first place and felt pretty good about it. I also test drove a Ford Focus at the second dealership. This one rode smoother and had less miles and new tires, but was a bit more expensive. I was skeptical that I'd be able to get financed for it, but I did! It's a 2006 with 66,000 miles on it. I drove it away and can't believe it is mine! This changes my life so much! It shaves about an hour off of my day as I don't have to ride trax and the bus anymore! Finally! I'm not looking forward to having car payments, but you do what you've got to do. This was a big decision for me and I was skeptical about it, but I know it will be a good thing for me. Hooray for having a car! This has been a long time coming... I'm almost 26!


No comments:
Post a Comment