After such an amazing weekend listening to the words of Church leaders, I just want to share some thoughts. It seems that sometimes I post more of my feelings rather than life happenings here on this blog, but I guess that's just fine.
Where would I be- or perhaps more importantly- who would I be without the Gospel in my life? It means everything to me. It has made me who I am today.
With conference this weekend and my mission reunion on Friday, I've been thinking about my mission a lot. I've been thinking about what a sacred, life-changing experience it was for me. A couple of other sisters and I were talking about how life moves on, and sometimes the people in the areas you served forget about you, but to you those weeks you were in the area and those people were the world to you. A mission really is a personal experience. It is different for everyone. In the end, yes, you may have touched lives, but you are the one who is changed.
In between sessions today, Dad and I watched a documentary-type thing on KSL. It was about a lady who was invited to watch the following Mormon Message from a friend. She watched it and the Spirit touched her heart. She ended up meeting the people in the video and getting baptized, along with her three children. It was really touching. It reminded me of how amazing it feels to share the Gospel and be part of someone accepting it.
This Gospel is amazing. I'm so glad to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! I want to continue to share it with those around me!
Side note- I'm really proud of David Archuleta. Way to represent! Go Elder Archuleta! Oh, and, I'm glad they had sister missionaries in the MTC Choir. Sometimes I feel that sister missionaries are overlooked because so many Elders go (and are expected to go). But, they are just as important as the Elders!
Butterscotch Chip Pudding Cookies
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment