Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Life after the mission....


Well, tomorrow marks two weeks since I returned home! In some ways it feels like it has been longer than that. In other ways it has gone by quickly.

Life has slowed down dramatically for me since my mission. I don't have a job yet, so I am basically a "stay-at-home" person. Sometimes I feel really unproductive. I am used to a "go, go, go" type of atmosphere. I am used to seeing many people on a daily basis. Now I pretty much interact with my family...and my friends via the computer. I see my friends in person, but not on a daily basis, they do have lives. Yeah, I definitely need a job!

Last week I volunteered at the T.R.C. (teaching resource center) at the Missionary Training Center. It was a good experience. However, I'm not so sure it was the smartest thing to do after only being back for a week. I seriously was confused. I felt like I was still a full-time missionary. It felt like it was just yesterday that I was there at the MTC as a missionary.

Last night my dad, brother, sister-in-law and I attended the Draper Utah temple open house. Wow. That was so emotional for me. I walked in the doors of the meetinghouse the tour started at and saw two sister missionaries. (Ok, I'll admit, I was envious of them. I would have much rather greeted people in a meetinghouse on dark, cold, winter nights of my mission than to be out tracting or what not. But, most of all, I was kind of wishing that was still me- a sister missionary). Then we watched a short video about temples. I really felt the spirit during it. Then we loaded buses and rode up to the temple. A lady basically reiterated what was said during the video. As we drove around one of the final curves on the way, the temple came in view. Here again, I was overcome. The spirit was so strong. Every temple is such a gorgeous edifice. I just have such a strong testimony of the power of the temple.

So, anyway... that's kind of been my life. It'll be interesting to see what unfolds in the coming months. I'm trying to figure out school stuff, a job, etc. It all seems to be going at a slow pace. (But, really it has only been two weeks!) But, I think that's ok. I think I need to come to terms with the fact that my mission is over. Life is different. I guess I've just got to trust God and let things happen the way He wants them to.

No comments: