Tuesday, January 27, 2009

We Don't Always Know Why....

So here I am. No job yet. It's hard time to find jobs. But, I trust that if God wants me to have a one, he'll help me. I really don't understand what's going on with my life. I'm here totally bored at home. I felt at peace that I was supposed to come home when I did, which was actually 3 weeks early. I'm trying to figure out my schooling situation. I'm really close to getting my associate's degree at UVU. However, I'd like to transfer to BYU-I and have felt good about that. So, the question is, do I abandon my opportunity to get my associate's degree and just go ahead and transfer to BYU-I? Or... do I wait a little longer and finish up at U.V.U.? I'm really torn. I want to be smart about it, but I also want to do what the Lord wants me to do. I'm such a mess! (this dilemma is only the tip of the iceberg) Well, I guess I'll just keep looking into things and praying. Things will work out. I don't know why the Lord is having me go through all I'm experiencing, but it's definitely a lesson in patience and trust.

I love this poem:

My life is but a weaving, between my God and me.
I do not chose the colors, He worketh steadily.
Oft times He weaveth sorrow, and I in foolish pride,
forget He sees the upper, and I the underside.
Not till the loom is silent, and the shuttle ceases to fly,
Will God unroll the canvas and explain the reason why.
The dark threads are as needful in the skillful weavers hand,
as the threads of gold and silver in the pattern He has planned.

The Lord is in control. Things will always work out!

No comments: