Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Connecticut


Fairfield Beach

Me at a lighthouse at Mystic Seaport.

View from the plane

I was fortunate to find a good deal on tickets to Connecticut on Southwest, so on the 25th I flew out here. I fly back to Utah late tomorrow night. It's been fun hanging out with my brother and sister-in-law and absolutely adorable niece and nephews.

While I have been here we have had fun going to the beach, Mystic Seaport,a Children's museum and just hanging out at home.

I must say, it's been soooo nice to just be across the country and not worry about school or other things. It's been a nice break from life and has helped me get my mind off of things that otherwise preoccupy my brain.

I'm going to miss everyone here, and I don't know when I'll be able to come back. :(

As a side note- I head back to Idaho on Monday and start school next Thursday. I am looking forward to a new semester of working hard, and playing hard too. :)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Make sure you get that playing hard done!
By the way what is a niece nephew? Was the child born XXY?

Carrie said...

Ha- good call. I fixed it. For security purposes I'm not supposed to put their names, so niece/nephew has to do.

Lois said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time! I agree - it's great to get away and not have to worry about anything. Good luck with school starting up!