Thursday, December 10, 2009

Latest Update

Wow, funny how I am posting more during finals than I normally do. (I think part of it has to do with the fact that I've been a home body this week- being sick and it being so darn cold that I don't want to go anywhere I don't have to)

I feel like I should become a meterologist or something- I am always checking the weather. In fact, today, as I was contemplating the coldness of Rexburg, Idaho, I had the thought, "I wonder why it is so cold (scientifically) in this small little town." Maybe one day I will research that on my own. For now I'm sticking with my major.

When I went to class today it was -13 degrees F. It is currently -8, but feels like -19, according to weather.com. Boy, I am glad to be getting out of this next week. Although, it's supposed to warm up to the 30s here next week. And, sadly, it's not like Utah is much warmer. It's 2 degrees in Lehi right now.

Side note- I have learned some tricks for dealing with the cold weather. First, keep your head down. When it's in the negatives, it hurts to breathe. It hurts even more if you have your head up and the cold air is hitting your face. I usually look down and breathe into my scarf. I, of course, occasionally glance up. Let's face it, we all know I'm accident prone, so that'd be bad. Looking down also allows you to see where you are stepping. With the icy sidewalks, it's a plus. Also, I've been taking longer routes to class that allow me to take quick breaks in buildings on campus. I walk through buildings to get to class, even if it is out of my way. That way I'm not in the cold for a long chunk of time. Oh, funny thing- I walked outside today and within a minute I noticed my hair was white. It was frozen! I had blown it dry, but apparently there was still moisture in it.

So, I'm not liking this weather. But, I AM liking iTunes free holiday music sampler. Check it out. Good stuff.

Also, I am liking the fact that I am completely done with two of my classes now. Now I've just got to tackle a little more reading for next week, an exam, portfolio, and two more papers.

Another thing I'm liking- I think I know where I am going to live up here summer semester. A lovely friend invited me to live with her. I love the apartments and I think she's great, so it'll be fun!

And, best news of all, there's a really good chance that the WHOLE family will be together for Christmas this year! I can't wait to be with all my nieces and nephews under one roof!

Finally, I am MUCH better. Not really sick anymore. Thanks for the prayers and concern.

1 comment:

Lois said...

Besides the frigid temperatures it sounds like life is good! Good luck with the rest of your finals and Merry Christmas!!!!