Saturday, January 30, 2010

Funny Headlines

Since I really have nothing to exciting to post, I thought I'd post this e-mail I received. I do find great fascination in noting errors in the written word. I may seriously pursue a career in editing after I graduate. Anyway, enjoy these headlines! (You may have to read them a couple of times to see why they are funny.)

Something Went Wrong in Jet Crash, Expert Says
---------------------------------------------------------
Miners Refuse to Work after Death
------------------------------------------------------
Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant
-----------------------------------------------------------
War Dims Hope for Peace
-------------------------------------------------------------
If Strike Isn't Settled Quickly, It May Last Awhile
-------------------------------------------------------------
Cold Wave Linked to Temperatures
-------------------------------------------------------------
Couple Slain; Police Suspect Homicide
-------------------------------------------------------------
New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group
-----------------------------------------------
Astronaut Takes Blame for Gas in Spacecraft
---------------- ---------------------------------
Kids Make Nutritious Snacks
----------------------------------------------------
Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half
----------------------------------------------------------
Hospitals are Sued by 7 Foot Doctors
------------------------------------------------------
Typhoon Rips Through Cemetery; Hundreds Dead