Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Good Things to Come

I listened to this talk by Elder Holland on the way back to Idaho from a visit to Utah a few weeks ago (The girl who was driving had a bunch of conference talks and we listened to them on the trip). When I got home I looked up the talk and found that it was given in the October 1999 General Conference. Then, a week later one of my friends posted a link to the talk on facebook. And now, the church has come out with this video. I think it's really interesting that all of the sudden I've come across this talk multiple times, even though it was given in 1999. It's definitely something I've needed to hear. It's a great talk. You can see the whole text of the talk at lds.org. (It's entitled: "An High Priest of Good Things to Come," Ensign, November 1999)

2 comments:

KO said...

Thank you, Carrie! I needed that right now, too. Funny how we tend to think we're the only one going through a trial sometimes, only to discover comfort from someone going through the same thing. Love you!

Lois said...

Yes - I loved that movie! I didn't recognize the talk at all and now I know why - since it is from 1999. Thanks for sharing the link - I'll have to go and read the whole thing.