July 1st marks the end of an era. The Illinois Chicago North Mission will no longer exist. It is being combined with the Illinois Chicago South Mission to form the new Illinois Chicago Mission. My heart is sad. The mission home and office are moving. Things just won't be the same. Once again, life moves on and changes. I've got to deal with it. I'm thankful for the wonderful memories I have.
Next month also marks the beginning of a new era. Brother Paul Feltz and his wife will be sealed for time and all eternity in the Chicago Temple. It was two years ago that Sister Youngberg and I had the opportunity to see him enter the waters of baptism. I am so happy that he has made the choice to be sealed in the temple.

And finally, next month also marks 18 months since I returned home from the Illinois Chicago North Mission. That's enough time for another sister missionary to have served a mission. Enough time for the memory of Sister Cox to fade. But, I know that the work I did there was important and will always be remembered by the Lord- for all eternity. I'm so grateful for all the people I met there and the work I was able to do. My mission has changed my life forever and means the world to me. I will continue to press forward and "go and do" what the Lord wants me to do in life.

No comments:
Post a Comment