Friday, July 23, 2010

Done!

I'm done with Spring semester! Hooray! School is no piece of cake for me, so it's refreshing to have accomplished another semester's worth of work.

My hardest class this semester proved to be CIT 140- MicroApplications. It was a class about Microsoft Excel. I never knew there was so much to that program! It's a 100 level class, so it shouldn't have been too bad, right? Nope! I put so much sweat, strife, toil, and even tears into it. I went to the lab to get help from a tutor at least once a week. The homework took me about 10-15 hours a week.

I learned a very important lesson from this class. Sometimes we do our best and it and we still fall short. It's very humbling. I worked so hard, and it looks like I am going to end up with a C. All of my other classes I will be getting A's or A-'s though, which is good.

Other good news.... I GOT A SCHOLARSHIP!!!! Sacrifice truly does bring forth the blessings of heaven! I saw on my student account that I had been awarded the scholarship, but I couldn't believe my eyes. I thought there was a mistake. So, I went in to the financial aid office to verify, and sure enough, it's true! It's a scholarship from the Communication department. It's a pretty hefty one, which will cover almost all of my tuition for Fall and Spring semesters. I feel so blessed. I know the Lord is watching out for me.

Now I'm off to enjoy what's left of Summer before Fall semester starts!

3 comments:

Julia said...

Congratulations for having one more semester under your belt and also for your scholarship such great new!

Lois said...

YAY!! You finished AND got a scholarship!!! WAY TO BE!!! Enjoy your break - you deserve it!!

Carrie said...

Thanks Julia and Lois!