I'm always sad to see the Summer go. I'd be perfectly happy if Summer lasted all year. But, we must have our seasons and enjoy each one for what it is. I can already feel Fall in the air. It's coming- whether I like it or not. Luckily, I really do like Fall. It's a gorgeous time of year.
Tomorrow I head back up to Idaho for school. That definitely snuck up on me. Seriously, how is it time to go back already? I didn't accomplish all that I wanted to during the break- scrapbooking, reading, and visiting people (I'm sorry if I missed you). Although, I did have a really fun break and got to spend lots of time with family. I definitely can't complain.
Time keeps on passing by. It's already September of 2010! That's amazing! I was thinking this morning and I realized that I am actually moving forward with my life. I've realized this before, of course, but it just kind of hit me. I'm really not too far away from graduation. Graduation has always seemed so distant- and it still does sometimes- but I am closer to it than I was a year ago. I only have three semesters (including this one) and an internship left. If everything works according to my plans (which, we all know that doesn’t always happen) I will be done in December 2011- around the time Christi gets off her mission. That’s only a little over a year away, my friends! I have a feeling when I get even closer to it I am going to be freaking out. Something I’ve wanted so much is going to scare me to death. It’ll then be time to find a job, etc.
But, I’m really working on this thing called FAITH. It is sometimes a very hard principle to live! Yet, it is the first principle of the gospel- so important, something so essential to our everyday lives. It's crucial to have faith in God. He knows what the future holds. We don't.
I'll definitely need faith this semester. I'll need all the help I can get from my Father in Heaven. I am taking 15 credits, which is pretty hefty for me. School stresses me out. But, I've got to do what I've got to do (part of it is my scholarship requirement). We've just got to do our best, and let God do the rest!
Someone in church today mentioned that the Plan of Salvation is the Plan of Happiness. God's plan for each of our lives is a plan of happiness. We're here to be happy. Sometimes its easy to forget that. I'm still working on it at times. I'm going to do my best to find happiness in every season of my life. I hope you will too.
Butterscotch Chip Pudding Cookies
13 years ago
1 comment:
wow your summer was so packed we didn't even get to see you! Maybe next time your back in town. I'd love to show you Colette's headstone when you have time
Post a Comment