
We had stake conference today. Our stake president gave a powerful talk, speaking of important truths of the Gospel. As he spoke, the Spirit once again testified to me that this Gospel is true. I was reminded that the Gospel is true and nothing else in this world matters. There are so many other small and unimportant things I worry about, but when it comes down to it, my testimony is the most important thing in my life.
Our stake president challenged the whole stake to share our testimonies on our blogs, if we have one. I don't think words can adequately convey the feelings of my heart about the Gospel and what it means to me, but I will try. I want the whole world to know that I know without a doubt that the Gospel is true.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
First, I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is our Savior and Redeemer. He came into the world, went about doing good, and lived a sinless life. He is our perfect example. He performed miracles while He was on the earth and He still can perform miracles in our lives today, if we have faith in Him. He loves us so much that He would suffer and bleed from every pore for every person on this earth. He did that so we could be forgiven of our sins and so he'd know how we'd feel. He has never and will never turn away from us- even if we choose to turn away from Him. He loves us so much.
I know that we have a loving Father in Heaven. He knows us. He understands us. And most importantly, He loves us with a perfect love. He sent us here to earth to learn and grow. He wants us to return to live with Him again. We can, if we live righteously.
Families can be together forever. Death does not have to be the end. We can see our loved ones again someday. This is made possible through ordinances performed in temples throughout the earth. I know without a doubt that this is true. Our earthly sorrows will be but a small moment in the eternal scheme of things.
I know that the prophet Joseph Smith restored the gospel to this earth. He was searching for a church to join, but after praying to God, was told that none of the churches had the fulness of the gospel on the earth at that time. This was because plain and precious truths had been distorted or lost over time. A restoration was needed. So, God the Father and His son appeared to the boy Joseph Smith and the true church was organized through Him. Joseph Smith was able to translate The Book of Mormon- another testament of Jesus Christ- by the gift and power of God. I know that The Book of Mormon is true. It goes hand-in-hand with the Bible.
I know that we have a prophet on the earth today, President Thomas S. Monson. He receives guidance and direction from the Lord. I know He was called of God. He is the mouthpiece of the Lord. We need guidance and direction in this crazy world.
I know that so much happiness can be found in the gospel of Jesus Christ. There is a better way to live, and that is by living the principles and teachings of Jesus Christ. We don't need to turn to the world for peace and comfort. We will not find it there. We will find it by turning to our Savior.
I know with out a doubt that these things are true. I have prayed and asked God if The Book of Mormon is true. I have prayed to know if we truly to have a Savior who loves us and died for us. I have prayed to know if we have a prophet on the earth today. I have received my answer- all of these things are true. I have felt peace, comfort and happiness. I know every person on the earth can know for themselves and feel these things for themselves.
I challenge you, whoever is reading this, to learn about these truths and get on your knees and ask God if they are true. I promise you there is so much happiness and peace that can come in to your life.
If you want to know more about the doctrines of the LDS church, visit www.mormon.org. There you can also find out how to meet with representatives who can teach you more.
1 comment:
Carrie, You are such an inspiration to me!!! Thank you for your testimony and wonderful spirit you add in our apartment. You are such a great missionary, friend, and daughter of God. I love you SO much. Thanks again! <3 Kailee
Post a Comment