I've been in the process of renewing my temple recommend the past couple of days and I've had the temple on my mind. I felt the need/desire to share some thoughts about the temple here.
First of all, I know the temple is a Holy place, the House of God.
I'm so grateful to live near a temple. Even though I don't have a car, it is only about a 20 minute walk. There are so many people in other countries who sacrifice so much to be able to go to a temple. I was able to go on a walk up near the temple a few nights ago and just sit in an open field, admire the beauty of the temple and ponder. (I took the above picture that night with my phone.) I love that place.
I'm so grateful that because of my Savior and ordinances of the temple, one day I will get to be together forever with my family.
Something I've thought of lately is how grateful I am for this time of my life when I can go to the temple often. Not only do I live close to a temple, but I don't have many responsibilities that make it so I can't go (i.e. when you have kids you can't go as a often, etc). I've realized how much I need to treasure this time in my life.
Anyway, I just hope we will never take the temple for granted. I know it's a wonderful blessing in my life.
2 comments:
I LOVE the picture you gave Kara and Jared WOW what talent young lady!!!!
Aww, thanks so much! I love taking pictures. :)
Post a Comment