Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sickie and Busy Bee

Last week was pretty crazy! It was awesome, but crazy. On Tuesday I drove to Salt Lake to attend the temple with my friend Morgan who went through for the first time. After the temple we (Morgan, her fiancee, and her sister) went to Taffy Town in Salt Lake. Morgan and her fiancee ordered taffy from them for their reception. We were looking forward to getting a tour of the place, but to our dismay they only do tours if you call ahead of time. They have awesome gourmet taffy though (like frosted cupcake, chocolate chip cookie, etc.) Fun fact: Taffy Town was featured on "Unwrapped" a few years ago.

On Thursday I went to Salt Lake again. I had an interview. I'm not going to give many details at this point, but I will tell you it was at a major corporation downtown with a VERY well-known company. I was shocked I even got an interview. I think that day was a defining day for me. I truly felt like an adult in the "real world" interviewing at a corporate office (I can't say I've ever pictured myself as a "career woman," [until recently] but it looks like my life is headed that direction. It's scary and exciting.) I am getting anxious as I wait to hear back from them.

After going to Salt Lake, I picked my Dad up from work in Provo (he works from home, but had to go in to the office that day. I dropped him off in the morning as well.) I came home for a bit before it was time to pick up my friend Alyssa in Provo. Alyssa came in to town for Morgan's wedding. I had so much fun with her while she was in town.

Friday afternoon I drove us to Erda, where Morgan's reception was. Saturday I drove to Salt Lake to attend the sealing.(More details on the reception and wedding to come)

I'm so sick of driving right now! The construction on I-15 is horrible! And to think... I am soon going to become a commuter (I might be taking the bus, though) to Salt Lake regularly for my internship. This will be interesting...

I am also sick right now. Literally. :( It's not fun at all. I started getting a sore throat Sunday night. I had a sore throat all of yesterday, and woke up this morning with a cold. I'm working hard to fight this thing... zinc, OJ, sleep, advil cold & sinus. Hopefully it doesn't last too long, because I've got some fun plans for the coming days.

Well, that's life right now. Hope everyone is doing well! :)

No comments: