Monday, August 22, 2011

This is my life.

Summer break has been a curse and a blessing. I've seriously been thinking, "How do teachers do this for 3 months?" I like to be a busy body. I'm trying really hard to not be bored/lazy/unproductive. I'm looking forward to life picking up the pace again. (But, at the same time, I am enjoying the relaxation.)

I've been wearing out my flip-flops. And it feels good. It feels good to wear shorts and flip-flops and not feel guilty. (It's not allowed at BYU-Idaho). I am planning on going to BYU pretty soon here (to visit the MOA) and I cannot wait to wear my shorts and flip-flops on campus.

Also, I ate a PB sandwhich the other day for the first time in over a month. That's pretty amazing. I used to have PB almost everyday while I was in classes.

I've been going on bike rides around here. The scenery is pretty amazing. The bugs... not so much. I went on a ride today and a bug flew into my eye. My eye? Really?

I've been going to most of the singles' ward activities. I particularly look forward to Institute each week. Side note- I went to a stake activity last week (I'm in a YSA stake) and what do you know... I ran into some people from BYU-I. That was such a tender mercy to me.

I've been cleaning, shopping, and cooking dinner. It's nice to have time to cook a real meal. Tonight we had fajitas. Mmmm. :)

And, of course, I've been sleeping. Boy, is it nice to get some sleep again!

Gosh, my life is actually pretty amazing right now! But, like I said, I look forward to getting back into the "swing of things," which will be a new routine, but it should be good.

P.S. Christi comes home from her mission 4 months from today. How is that even possible? My younger sister is going to be an R.M. Now THAT makes me feel old! ;)

No comments: