Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My Heart Hurts



(Christi is 4th from the left on the last row, Sister Bentley is 3rd from the left on the front row.)

Last night we found out that two sister missionaries in Christi's mission were involved in a serious car accident. One of the sisters passed away. I can't stop thinking about it. My heart hurts so much for everyone. I hurt for the parents, the sister who is still living, the mission president and his wife, and the other missionaries. What a hard, hard thing. I can't even comprehend the pain. I wish I could talk to Christi right now and see how she's holding up. It must be hard for her. I know it'd be very hard for me. Losing a fellow sister missionary would be difficult. (And not to mention, Christi's had to deal with an earthquake, hurricane, moving, and now this in the past week or so.)

I guess the sister had another mission to fulfill on the other side. Dying on the mission is the best way to go. I'm sure the Lord is taking good care of her.

Please keep these people in your prayers. They've got a long road ahead of them.

Here's more info: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700175258/Sister-missionary-dies-in-NY-car-accident.html

No comments: