Friday, February 17, 2012

Some Thoughts on the "Latter-days"

Is it just me... or has the world become even more filthy recently? I like to keep up with the news and it just breaks my heart to read about the things going on. Such as- someone blowing up their house with themselves and their children in it... and cutting the kids beforehand. How could anyone do that?! There's just horrible, horrible stuff going on. Music is getting nasty too. There are fun, catchy songs, but when you really listen to what the songs are talking about you find that they're not so awesome after all. And then there's the whole issue with gay marriage being legalized (and Prop 8 being thrown out the window). Let's be honest, we could go on for quite sometime talking about the problems going on in the world.

We must be getting closer to the Second Coming... 'cause this world is just getting nasty.

When I think about the fact that my kids are going to have to grow up in the filth, it sometimes frightens me. But, I'm thinking I'm going to have some rocking awesome kids. Heavenly Father is saving the best for last. :)

I'm thankful for the Gospel to help me be strong in this world. The "For the Strength of Youth" pamphlet was recently revised and updated which was definitely inspired and timely. Also, I'm looking forward to hearing what the Brethren have to say in General Conference coming up.

Below are some scriptures that talk about the last days. Yup, definitely describes our day!

Some verses from Luke 21:
10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

26 Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

Some verses from 2 Timothy 3:
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.


These ARE perilous times. But again, I'm grateful for the safe haven of the Gospel.

No comments: