(Image from http://www.mormonmodern.com/a-loaf-of-bread/)
The past seven months I've been in the "working world" I've learned a lot. I've learned a lot about the business world and about who I am and who I want to be. I think the most important thing I've learned is that honesty is vital. I've learned that there's a lot of dishonesty in the business world. I think some people become so desensitized that they are past the point of even realizing what they are doing is wrong.
I was placed in a situation today where I had to choose between pleasing my boss and doing what I know in my heart is honest. It was what you'd call a "moral dilemma." It didn't take me long to figure out what I was going to do though. I knew I had to do the right thing, even if it meant placing my job in jeopardy. I thought about it and talked to Mom about it on my lunch break. I came to the conclusion that in the eternal scheme of things, what matters most in the situation I was in is whether or not I was honest.
In the few moments when I was thinking about what to do, I reflected on things I've been taught and know to be right. I know that God will bless us when we do what is right. That knowledge gave me the courage to make the right choice. I realized that that is faith and I have more of it than I give myself credit for.
I am very emotional as I write this. The past few months have been very, very hard for me (blogging is kind of where I take it out and has helped me a lot, though). I don't understand why. But, I do know that God knows why. This life was never meant to be easy. We can't expect it to be cake walk when we want eternal life as a reward. The comforting thing is to know that we can have Heavenly Father's help as we face trials.
I love the quote I posted above. It kind of relates. In the end, it's not going to matter how much money I made, who of my peers I pleased the most, how I looked, etc. What will matter is how I lived my life. And, “Till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me” (Job 27:5).
Butterscotch Chip Pudding Cookies
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment