Saturday, September 1, 2012

"This too shall pass"

This was taken tonight after the storm. The sky looked so pretty!

This afternoon I headed to do a session at the Timpanogos temple. It was stormy (thunder, rain, etc.) outside when I entered the temple. I was surprised as the session ended and I entered the Celestial room that there was bright sunlight coming in through the windows. It's amazing how quickly the weather can change. Immediately, I had the thought something along the lines of "the storms in our lives will pass too." It was a powerful witness from the Spirit to me. Our trials won't last forever. "This too shall pass."

As I was in the temple I also thought of a quote by President Hinckley: "I am asking that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight." Love it.

Just thoughts to think about.

No comments: