So today I was at the bank with my mom. She was at the A.T.M. and I was just waiting around. This man walks in who was on the phone. Now, normally you hear a bunch of boring small talk like..."yeah, I have to go to the grocery store today..." blah, blah. But this one really had me hooked. It went something like this:
"So, ya know, my brother works at an old folks home- like a retirement center, right? Well, he got this one patient who told him he was going to hypnotize him. So my brother's like, 'ok....' The man pulls out a pocket watch. He tells him that it is a family heirloom, very special, been in the family for years. He tells him that he is going to put him in a trance with this watch. Well, the watch then falls onto the floor and shatters into a million pieces."
And that's all I heard. I couldn't help but silently giggle! Unbeknownst to me, my Mom was at the A.T.M and was being slow so she could hear the whole story too. She didn't want to make it too obvious that she was taking her time and overlistening.
So, if you don't want people like me to listen to your conversation, don't talk in public! But, thanks random guy, for making my day a little brighter with a really funny story! :)
Butterscotch Chip Pudding Cookies
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment