As a young single adult, recently returned from a mission, I have had many decisions to make. I have found that I have many options of what to do with my life. I have really struggled this past month to know what the Lord would have me do with my life. There have been so many times when I've felt that something was right, but then things change- I see things in a different light, or new options are placed in front of me. I have really studied things out in my mind. I've spent a lot of time pondering and contemplating the pros and cons of every decision. I am the type of person who wants everything to make sense. I'm always asking the question, "why?" The Lord has taught me through some challenges recently, that things don't always make sense. It's been a hard lesson for me to learn, as I want things to make sense! But, I've had to put my trust in the Lord and know that He knows better than I. He sees the big picture.
One thing I have been tossing and toiling over is where to attend school. While on my mission I had several family members and friends strongly suggest BYU-I to me. I did not want to make important decisions like that on my mission. It was just my personal preference. I wanted to devote everything to the Lord and figure that out later.
So, "later" came and I was at a loss as to what I should do. I have been attending Utah Valley University and I am really close to getting my associate's degree. However, I have had no desire to return to that school. The only thing that would keep me there is the fact that I am so close to getting my associate's degree. Because I want to be smart about things, I have thought that it'd be good to keep attending there and get my degree, despite the fact that I am not happy there. Then there's BYU in Provo. I visited a few weeks ago. I definitely felt that that is not where I'm supposed to be! I kind of felt like "been there done that." Although I have never officially attended that school, I lived right off campus in Provo for a couple of years. So, that left me thinking about BYU-I. One day while sitting and contemplating things, I just knew that's where I'm supposed to be. Then I had to decide whether to apply for fall or summer. I've gone back and forth for many days now, but I have finally decided to apply for summer. Logically, it does not makes sense to me. But, I am moving forward with faith. Of course, I haven't even officially been accepted into the school, so things can always change.
I am here in Idaho right now visiting some people and checking out the campus. I haven't been filled with so much peace in a long time. I feel so good about my future. I am happy. I know the Lord loves me. After all the struggles I've recently been through, it feels soooo good! I feel like God is telling me everything is going to be ok, that there is life after a mission- a good life. God is very aware of our circumstances, our desires, and what we need. We just have to press forward, taking one day at a time. Things will work out.
Butterscotch Chip Pudding Cookies
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment