Hello y'all. Well, I am FINALLY in school once again, after two years! I am now officially a student at Brigham Young University-Idaho in Rexburg.
Today has been a little crazy, but that's to be expected on the first day of class. I had to get my ID card and books. My first class today was at 10:15 a.m. My last class starts at 3:15. I have an hour and a half break in there. I am tired and have a minor headache, probably because I am not used to all of this busyness and sitting in class!
School here is really different from U.V.U. It's has a totally different atmosphere and feeling. I am amazed at how friendly everyone is. It's like some unofficial rule to introduce yourself to your classmates as you are sitting there waiting for class to begin. I looked all around the room in each of my classes and everyone was doing that. It's awesome! That never happened at U.V.U. I have had so many people talk to me and seem to be so genuine. When people are open like that, I have an easier time being friendly. I have to see that they are not closed off.
I just feel so right about being here. I feel like I can finally be part of my school. I never felt that at U.V.U.
I am definitely going to be busy with school this summer. I have been looking for employment, but I am realizing that if I do get a job, I don't know when I will study! I had forgotten that major detail in planning things- study time! I am taking 16 credits this semester. I was actually contemplating adding another two-credit class the other day, but I remembered that I need time to study- not just be in class.
From the classes I've already attended, I can tell I will have quite the workload. It will be a juggling game to try to stay on top of everything- it seems that there are reading assigments, quizzes, etc due every class period. It doesn't seem that the coursework will be terribly hard, but just time consuming. However, I think I will really enjoy my classes this semester, so that helps a ton. I really love my major (Communication). I definitely know it's the path I am supposed to be taking.
Also, I have been a bit iffy about my ward, etc. But, church yesterday was awesome. It has a totally different feeling than the previous month I was attending it. The people seem to be friendly and welcoming. Plus, we don't have freshman dorms in our ward this semester, so that is a huge bonus! (No offense to freshman...) Also, I am excited because I feel like I will have some opportunities to reach out to some people who may need me. I felt the Spirit bear witness of that to me as I was there in church yesterday.
I have recently had the reassuring feeling that I am where I am supposed to be- regarding exactly where I live, etc. I have had a hard time with the fact that Hillcrest is not social at all. It has made me really miss Campus Plaza. I have a really quiet apartment now -which I am loving; actually. I have been able to decorate it as well. I just feels so peaceful. I love that. I need my quiet time. I also love that so far it is staying pretty clean. That's big too!
Being busy definitely makes me happy. I finally feel like I have something significant and important to do. Not having that after the mission was really hard.
Boy oh boy. It will be interesting to see where these next months take me. I have just started anew. A new year of my life, new semester, new season, new people, etc. It's really refreshing and exciting.
P.S. My writing communication class is going to be all about writing concisely. As you can tell, I could go on forever! So, hopefully that class will help me....
Butterscotch Chip Pudding Cookies
13 years ago
1 comment:
Yay! Sounds like everything is great!! Hope you have some time for fun in that busy, busy schedule of yours. :)
Post a Comment