Walking on campus the other day, I saw a girl on crutches. She was with a friend. She told the friend "Ok, I am going to make it to that tree right there." She then proceeded to do her best on the crutches to get there.
It was a small, simple thing I witnessed. But, it made me think. How many times are we like the girl on the crutches? We are crippled by something and we feel like we just can't go any further- take any more steps. But, how beneficial it is to have a goal. We see something in the distance. We work hard to get there. For instance, sometimes in our lives it goes like this, "Ok, if I can just make it until Friday..." We have to take everything one step at a time. And, just like that girl had a friend there encouraging her, we have others there to help us along the way.
Just something to think about...
Butterscotch Chip Pudding Cookies
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment