Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The 411 on My Life




Today, 07-08-09, marks six months exactly since I returned from my mission. Wow! I don't even know what to think of that.

So, what's up with me, you ask?

This weekend I am going to Las Vegas for a mini mission reunion. My mission president and his wife got home last week. I am really looking forward to a fun weekend.

The semester ends on July 23rd. Then I head back to Utah for seven weeks, before fall semester. My plans are the following:

Sleep. Have fun. Have fun with friends. Hang with the fam. Online religion class. Temp Job (currently looking).

We'll see what goes down. Traci, my sister, is having her second child at the end of August, and I am hoping to somehow go down to Arizona to visit and meet the kiddo, if they will allow me to.

Then, at the beginning of September I will return to Rexburg to embark on Fall semester. I am hoping it will be a better semester than this one has been. Believe me, a lot of things have been hard.

Well, really, life has been hard. I guess many people expect things to suddenly be perfect after serving a mission, but they aren't, atleast not for me. I am over the loss of my mission, and not in mourning anymore (in case you were wondering). But, I face other deep, personal life struggles. I know others do too, but really, don't you just feel like life is so dang hard at times? We all have our struggles.

It's really hard to want to move on with life (be done with school, etc), but you can't because that's not what God has in store for you. There are lessons he wants me to learn now.

So, I am doing the best I can, and trying to enjoy life to the fullest.

2 comments:

Lois said...

You are amazing Carrie!!! I hope that you have an awesome break!

Traci said...

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by "if they will allow me to"?