

Today Christi and I went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. The open house ends on Saturday, so we were cutting it close. It is such a beautiful temple! Absolutely breathtaking!
It was pretty noisy as we walked through the temple (kids and adults talking, etc). I was kind of bothered, honestly. I wanted so badly for the ushers to tell people to be quiet. You can feel the Spirit more when it is silent.
It was so interesting to see the people who were in front of us through out the tour. It was obviously a young family that were members. They brought a non-member family. It was beautiful to see the man explaining things of the gospel to this family as we went through. I was silently praying the whole time that despite the noise this family would feel the amazing spirit and power of the temple.
I was overcome with the spirit. I couldn't hold back the tears. Sometimes I wish I weren't so emotional and sensitive. Being behind those families made me ponder about the true purpose of the gospel and temples. The gospel provides happiness for us here on earth. It gives us purpose and direction. We know we can return someday to live with our father in Heaven and our families forever, if we are righteous. But, also, we must receive the sacred ordinances of the temple. I just wish the whole world understood that we have what they need and what they are looking for.
It's so nice to go to the temple- to get away from the business and, at times, nastiness of the world. The temple is so quiet, so peaceful, so beautiful. I'm so grateful I have access to the temple. In fact, in Rexburg I live so close to it I can see it out my living room window. We who have temples in our midst are so blessed. There are faithful tithe payers in many foreign places who have never been able to even see a temple, let alone attend.
1 comment:
We went two, but it wasen't noisy when we went everyone was very reverent, It amazed me how strong the spirit was for saying that it hasen't been dedicated yet AMAZING!
Post a Comment