Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Keeping the Faith

Ever have those moments where you think, "What in the world am I doing with my life???" Or, "Where did I come from?" "Why am I here?" "Where am I going?" (on a small scale)

Why am I in Lehi? (of course I know the answer... it's because this is where the Lord wants me, etc. But I am always searching for a deeper meaning and reason) Where am I going? Hmm... this little period of time I have on my hands is very interesting and has caused me to do much introspection, reflection, and pondering. With all of this, I recently have felt prompted to go in a direction I really didn't see myself going in (Now I've got your interest, right? Well, unfortunately for you, I am not going to spill the beans just yet!) I definitely didn't see this one coming! But, I am just going to do what the Spirit has told me to do. If it doesn't work out, then I will have an answer and I will go back to what I have been doing. I am grateful for a recent reminder from my mission president to not only set goals, but make plans to achieve them. I think I do well with the setting goals part, but I sometimes fail when it comes to planning.

Things are so crazy in my life right now, I tell ya. The job hunt is frustrating. This seems to be one of my life trials- getting a job. Today I got a rejection e-mail from one of the companies I applied at. I've seriously put in so many applications. I'm trying really hard to have faith that things will work out.

Also in other news... I tried to drop my online class and was told I had to completely withdrawl from the university if I wanted to do that (I'm not even on-track this semester! Taking classes is optional!). I then proceeded to call academic advising and got a message that said they won't be taking phonecalls or responding to messages until next week. It said to come in their office. Too bad I am 4 hrs away. Hmm...we'll have to figure this one out....

On the bright side of things, I got an e-mail saying there was a mistake with one of my fall grades and it will actually be higher than it was posted! What a day!

Also, my brother, his wife, and my cute little nieces and nephews are back for a visit this week. They came out from Connecticut for the holidays. They were here for Christmas and last week went to a cabin in Cedar City with her family. Now they are back because my brother's work is having him do stuff at BYU this week. So, looking on the positive side of things, it's nice that I don't have a job just yet- I can spend more time with them.

Ahh, life! In the end things will all "work together for our good.(D&C 90:24)" That'll will be nice!

Other thoughts:
Ether 12:6 "..wherefore,despute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith."

Joseph Smith, (while in Liberty Jail), said the following, "... let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.” (I'm still working on that "cheerfully" part! ;) )

2 comments:

Julia said...

I think were ALL still working on the cheerful part ;)

Lois said...

Good luck with the job hunt!! I'm sure something will come your way and at least you have the satisfaction of knowing that you are doing all you can. That's frustrating - all the stuff that BYU-I is giving you problems with - hope that goes away! :P