Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Just Call Me Nanny Carrie

I'm in Connecticut right now helping with my brother and sister-in-law's kids. My sister-in-law is pregnant and pretty sick. I've been here for a little over a week now, and I'll go back to Utah on the 31st.

I've definitely been having a taste of motherhood. It's fun, tiring, and yes, sometimes frustrating. But the kids are sooooo cute! I love them! It's so fun to feel of their love for me too. They always want me to read stories to them, play with them, etc.

My oldest nephew has quite the vocabulary. His grammar is so proper. He is obsessed with ladybugs and giraffes. It's cute.

My niece is so sweet. She's always willing to help out. I love it when she just randomly comes up to me and hugs me and says, "I love you Aunt Carrie."

My other nephew is a little cutie as well. He loves keys and cars. I sometimes tickle him and say "tickle, tickle." He now randomly comes up to me and tickles me and says "tickle, tickle." I sometimes have the hardest time understanding what he's saying. I feel like I need some sort of "baby talk" translator.

I'm just doing my best to enjoy this time I have to spend with them. I probably won't have an opportunity like this again.

1 comment:

Lois said...

Hi Nanny Carrie! ;) Sounds like you are having a great, hard working time! I'm sure that they really appreciate you being out there. (And it doesn't hurt the favorite Aunt status). :D