Yesterday we also drove to New Haven, CT- home of Yale University. I thought it would be kind of neat to visit the campus, since I've heard so much about it through the years.
Many of its buildings have been around for a long, long time. We walked around and caught parts of a tour that was going on (we didn't have time to do a full tour). It was neat to hear about its rich history.
While there, we briefly visited the Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library. It's a special collections library. It's kind of hard to describe, but there were levels and levels of extremely old books. When I say old, I mean OLD. Seriously, they had books from the 1500s. The books were enclosed, but were visible through the glass. It was just SO cool! I loved it!
Some trees had bloomed, which were really pretty. It was a neat little visit. I'm glad I got to see the campus.
1 comment:
Wow! Yale has a gorgeous campus - that's fun you were able to visit!
Post a Comment