A guy from my singles' ward in Lehi passed away tonight. I am sad to hear of his passing, but happy to know that he is in a better place.
His name is Clark Kimble. In August of last year he had a liver transplant. Just recently he needed a bone marrow transplant, but needed to raise $500,000 in order for medicaid to even consider doing it. (Obviously, I don't know the whole story here, but this is the gist. You can read about his journey here: http://superclarkkimble.blogspot.com. He was featured on the news as well: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10674273)
I served as a ward missionary while I was there in Lehi and some of us visited him on occasion. He was a really nice guy, with such a positive attitude. He was millions of dollars in debt (from all the treatments and surgeries), and had bad health, but kept smiling.
I know I've said this before, but it just keeps it hitting me more and more- Life is SO precious. There are so many things that DON'T matter. We are here for a reason. God has a plan for us and things for us to accomplish. I hope we will all try to live life to the fullest and trust God.
Butterscotch Chip Pudding Cookies
13 years ago
1 comment:
That's too bad about Clark. Life is definitely precious and it's always good to be reminded of it! Thanks Carrie!!
Post a Comment