Monday, November 29, 2010

My Final Answer. (I Think.)

I had my other interview today. It went well, but I just knew it wasn't right. There were several things about it that just wouldn't work. I'll hear back from them in a few days, but either way I've made my decision.

And that decision is... I am going to be interning with The Cancer Wellness House. It is a non-profit organization for cancer patients and their families. There are activities and services provided free of charge for them. (Support groups, yoga, massages, etc.) I fully believe in what they are doing. I think ultimately I want to do PR for a non-profit organization as my career. As an intern there I will be pitching story ideas to the media, writing grants proposals, planning events, writing press releases, etc. Unfortunately it is unpaid, and I will have to commute. But, I've got to do what I've got to do. I've got some ideas as to how I can hopefully have a little money coming in.

I've still got to work out some logistics- moving home, etc. I also have to sell my housing contract. That's the biggie. It's late in the semester, so a lot of people have already made their plans for next semester. If I don't end up selling it then I will be in Rexburg just taking classes, no internship. We'll see.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and support! I feel a big burden lifted off my shoulders.

2 comments:

Traci M said...

Way to go! Good luck selling your contract!

Charly said...

This sounds wonderful, Carrie! My Nana in a breast cancer survivor. It's a wonderful way to shoe your support for causes you believe in. ^^