My Thursday afternoon class was cancelled last week and one of my Friday classes was as well. So, I decided to leave for Utah Thursday afternoon and skip my Friday classes. I debated about it a bit, but spending time with Mom is definitely a better choice than going to class (Her birthday was Friday). I arranged to have Dad pick me up without telling Mom. I walked in the door Thursday night and Mom was so surprised! Indy, our dog was as well. He was barking up a storm, jumping on me, and running around in circles. That night I hung out a little bit and did some homework online.
The next morning I took a midterm online. Then, Mom, Grandma and I went out to eat at Zupa's. It's a really good soup/salad/sandwich place. I love their turkey cranberry sandwich and BBQ chicken salad. Yum!
Mom and I just goofed off the rest of the afternoon.
Friday evening we went out to eat at Los Hermano's. We were seated and had to wait for the rest of our party. Mom was confused as to why we were at a table for 9 when there were only 5 of us (including Chad and Buffy). I had to tell her that Chad was bringing some "friends." Traci, Gary and the kids walked in a surprised Mom. It was great.
After dinner we headed back to the house for cake and ice cream.
Saturday morning we hung out at the house. I enjoyed playing with the kiddos. They are adorable. I love them so much. Saturday afternoon I got a haircut. I also went to Nicole's and made sugar cookies with her. Then, Friday night, a few of my friends from BYU-I (who are all off-track this semester and living in various places) came over and we made pizzas together. (It was definitely a big "food weekend")
Sunday morning Traci, Gary, Dad, the kids and I all went to church. We had lunch with Mom before she headed to work. I headed back to Rexburg that afternoon.
So, I had a great weekend! I didn't get as much sleep as I would have liked to (and am now getting sick...), and I didn't get to do nearly all the things I wanted to do, but it was a fun break from school. I've realized that it is possible to go completely insane when you immerse yourself in school like I do. It's hard living in a small college town. If I do get out and do stuff (since I don't have a car I don't really go too many places), I still am reminded of school. Heck, I walk out the door and I see my school even if I'm not going to class. It's nice to just get away and be reminded that there's more to life. Family and friends are extremely important too.
Oh, in other news: I register for winter classes tomorrow. That snuck up on me! I usually have my schedule figured out weeks in advance. Not so much this time. I guess I've just been so busy keeping up with this semester. I'm not even sure I'll be here in the winter. I wish I knew. I better register in case I am though. I've received two e-mails in the past couple of days about internship opportunities down in Utah which I had previously inquired about. One of the organizations wants to have an interview with me when I come home during Thanksgiving break. Ahh! So, we'll see. I just keep praying that I'll be where the Lord wants me to be. I pray that He lead me to a good company/organization where I can further my skills. We'll see what happens...
No comments:
Post a Comment