
I have been filled with an incredible peace ever since I made my decision yesterday. I really should be so stressed out right now with all I have to do with finals coming up (I'm sure the stress will catch up to me shortly, however), but I'm really not. I just feel like everything will be ok. The following story in the scriptures illustrates perfectly what I've been going through:
Mark 4: 37-40
37 And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full.
38 And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him,and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?
39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
40 And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?
I was in a "storm" in a sense. The storm went on for a while. There were so many times when I felt like, "Heavenly Father, do you care???" And then, finally, He stopped the wind and things got peaceful. I really love the last verse. It definitely explains my life. I have fear and lack in faith at times.
Things aren't completely over. I still have to sell my housing contract. But, today as I was thinking about things, I realized I will be perfectly ok and happy with what ever happens. I know that things will work out the way they are supposed to. All things will work together for my good as long as I trust my father in Heaven.
I love this quote by Lance B. Wickman: "Still, we mortals quite naturally want to know the why. Yet, in pressing too earnestly for the answer, we may forget that mortality was designed, in a manner of speaking, as the season of unanswered questions. Mortality has a different, more narrowly defined purpose: It is a proving ground, a probationary state, a time to walk by faith, a time to prepare to meet God (see, for example, Abr. 3:24–25; 2 Ne. 31:15–16, 20; Alma 12:24; Alma 42:4–13). It is in nurturing humility (see Alma 32:6–21) and submissiveness (see Mosiah 3:19) that we may comprehend a fulness of the intended mortal experience and put ourselves in a frame of mind and heart to receive the promptings of the Spirit. Reduced to their essence, humility and submissiveness are an expression of complete willingness to let the “why” questions go unanswered for now, or perhaps even to ask, “Why not?” It is in enduring well to the end (see 2 Ne. 31:15–16; Alma 32:15; D&C 121:8) that we achieve this life’s purposes. I believe that mortality’s supreme test is to face the “why” and then let it go, trusting humbly in the Lord’s promise that “all things must come to pass in their time” (D&C 64:32).(Lance B. Wickman, “But If Not,” Ensign, Nov 2002, 30.)
I just LOVE that quote! It describes my life so perfectly! I am a planner. I try so hard to plan my life out. When things don't go the way I expect, I often ask "why?" But, really, it's all part of the learning and growing process. Our trials truly refine us and help us be who God wants us to be. I've been learning more and more how much we need to trust our Father in Heaven. He knows best.
This was kind of a personal post again. But, I realized that ever since my mission I've had a desire to share spiritual insights with others. This blog is a good outlet for me to do so.
2 comments:
I love the insights! And that peace is awesome. It's a good indicator that you're going in the right direction. Love it! I'm so glad you'll be in Utah. Perhaps we will see each other more often next semester...
I'm glad you have found peace. :)
Post a Comment