I’ve been thinking about beauty lately. True beauty. I am so tired of what the world says beauty is. I think it’s really sad that so many people think that you have to be super skinny, wear lots of make-up, and wear the latest fashions to be beautiful. Satan’s influences are all around us. But, honestly, there is beauty to be found in everyone- the old, the young, the married, the unmarried, the skinny, the overweight, the loner, the one with lots of friends. We are all children of God. We shouldn’t strive to look a certain way to please others. We should strive to be the best person we can be and that is between us and the Lord. I once heard an awesome quote by Sheri Dew which has stuck with me ever since. She says: “No amount of time in front of the mirror will make you as attractive as having the Holy Ghost with you.” (Ensign, January 2002). Please think about all this. We are all beautiful children of God.
This video is great and goes along with what I just talked about. Check it out.
1 comment:
So true! I think we have a beautiful apartment of girls! Thanks for reminding me and being such a great example! :)
Post a Comment