Monday, August 8, 2011

Graduation Festivities!





The day I've been working for and dreaming about for so long finally came! Here's a run down.

Mom and Dad came into town on Thursday night (July 21st). It just so happened that I had food I needed to use up before moving out, so I made us all dinner in the crock pot. After dinner, we went to the "cheap theater" in Rexburg and saw 17 miracles. We had already planned to go to Kiwi Loco (my absolute favorite frozen yogurt place. I'm gonna miss it!), but it was a little hard to after watching such a powerful movie that portrayed the pioneers starving.

Friday I got up early and cleaned, cleaned, cleaned! I finished up, checked out of my apartment and then got ready for commencement and convocation.

Before commencement, all of the graduates lined up in the basketball courts of the BYU-Idaho Center. We had to wait for about 45 minutes. It was good to chat with some of my classmates and friends I'll probably not see again.

We then "marched" into the auditorium of the I-Center. As we walked in, our professors were lined up clapping and cheering us on. That was pretty cool.

Elder Paul K. Sybrowsky gave the commencement address. Shortly following commencement we had convocation in the Hart auditorium. Convocation was short and sweet.

And there we have it. I've now graduated! Now, I'm looking forward to getting that diploma in the mail in a few months. :)

1 comment: